Our team can help you restore your smile to its previous vitality
Suit your dental needs
We will custom make your dentures to suit your jaw shape and your visual preferences. There are two different types of dentures available, these are:
- Partial dentures: This dental appliance can replace single or multiple missing teeth and is dependent upon the surrounding teeth for support.
- Full dentures: these can replace and mimic your whole arch of missing teeth. They can be used to correct complete tooth loss in your upper or lower jaw arch, or both simultaneously.
Walking you through your dentures
Dentures are a custom made dental appliance that uses a gum coloured acrylic or chrome base, fitted with prosthetic teeth. This device should closely mimic the natural smile in both its function and appearance. Dentures require a detailed hygiene routine in order to keep your new smile healthy and clean.
To learn more about dentures please continue reading below.
Regain your smile with dentures
There are a number of benefits when receiving dentures. This dental appliance can help you:
- Regain your ability to chew
- Restore your smile
- Improve speech
Adjusting to your new smile
Our patients who receive dentures often take a minor adjustment period to become familiar with this dental appliance. Within this adjustment period our patients can experience:
- An increased production of salvia
- Slight tenderness through the gums
- Minor discomfort as your mouth adjusts to your dentures, especially felt as your jaw muscles learn to keep the dentures in their correct position
- Initial difficultly talking and smiling
- Strain when first learning to eat with dentures
These various adjustments should be corrected within a few weeks of receiving your dentures.
Select a treatment that is tailored to your comfort
Dr John Gooley and our dental professionals will discuss all the options available to you to treat your tooth loss. There are a number of different options to correct missing teeth, including dental implants or bridges, and our team will take you through the various options. We will ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatment to suit your oral concerns and restore your smile.
To learn more about our treatments, or to book an appointment at our Upper Mt Gravatt dental practice, please contact our team.