Porcelain veneers can reshape and enhance your smile
Here at Family Dental Excellence in Upper Mt Gravatt we believe in creating beautiful, natural looking smiles. Porcelain veneers offer a fast and effective solution to whitening, straightening and enhancing the look of your smile. Porcelain veneers can:
- Comparatively fast solution
- Cover blemishes and rejuvenate discolouration
- Close gaps between teeth to provide a symmetrical looking smile
- Reduce mild overcrowding
What are composite veneers?
At Family Dental Excellence we offer two types of dental veneers: porcelain and composite. They are among the most natural looking cosmetic options available. Veneers can at times be used in place of crowns. Composite resin veneers are accomplished in one visit, while porcelain veneers often take two or more visits to apply.
Veneers are thin tooth-coloured shells that cover the front surface of your natural teeth to conceal flaws, enhance the appearance of your teeth and heighten the aesthetics of your smile. As the shells are bonded to the front of the teeth, they can alter the colour, shape, size and at times length of your teeth. Some preparation is generally required to provide comparatively fast as well as effective results.
To learn more please continue reading below:
Am I a suitable candidate for porcelain or composite veneers?
Veneers are a beneficial solution to address a wide range of cosmetic dentistry problems that many patients face. Veneers can help you to achieve a whiter, straighter and more even smile. Veneers can help patients with the following dental concerns:
- Discoloured teeth
- Chipped or cracked veneers
- Gaps or unwanted spaces between teeth
- Asymmetrical or crooked teeth
- Some teeth that are too long or too short
- Teeth with weakened enamel
Despite this it is important to realise that not every patient is a suitable candidate for veneers. Our dental professionals will always assess and discuss the most effective and appropriate treatment options for you, while taking into consideration your personal needs and preferences.
Below are some extra criteria for assessing your candidacy for veneers:
- The health of your teeth and gums: If you are suffering from serious decay, cracked teeth, gingivitis or gum disease you may not be the best candidate for veneers as they are not suitable for unhealthy teeth. If these issues are corrected before treatment then veneers can be an option for you.
- Worn down teeth from clenching and grinding: veneers are bonded to the enamel of your teeth and as such they need an adequate amount of tooth surface and enamel to adhere to. If enamel is lost as a result of grinding or clenching then veneers may not be the best solution for you.
- Tooth alignment: The dentist will assess the alignment of your teeth and jaw to determine whether veneers will last as long as they are expected. When your teeth and jaw are severely misaligned this can cause unnecessary pressure on the veneers, resulting in cracked or chipped veneers. For patients with misaligned teeth, orthodontics may be the best form of treatment before veneers are recommended.
To learn more about our treatments, or to book an appointment at our Upper Mt Gravatt dental practice, please contact our team.